The Reading Room

Our family loves to read. We know we should read more than we do.Sharing like this might help. It is helpful to share what we read with each other. This is a family blog, but if you have read what we are reading or if you are reading something that would be edifying and constructive for our Christian walk, please feel free to share!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Noisy Duck

Title: A Noisy Duck
Author: Ann Larson
Number of Pages: 8

It was about a noisy duck. His name was Zack. The ducks were trying to play, but Zack annoyed them. He kept saying, “Quack! Quack!” very loudly. I bet that Zack had a good time quacking. But everyone else, like Jack the dog and Mack the goat and Nix the ox and Dot the hen, they all did not like it.

Now I will tell you a Bible verse. It’s like a man who’s awake and there is also a man who is sleeping. And when that man comes in who is awake, that man will annoy the sleeping man, and will wake him up. (Editor’s note: We read Proverbs 27, see v. 14, at breakfast.) I learned that you should be quiet when other people are sleeping.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Fine review, Micaiah, and appropriate application. Uncle Brian

7:30 AM  
Blogger Mom and Dad said...

That sounds like a good book, Micaiah! And you are learning some big words (annoyed :-)) I am also very glad that you could see how it applies to real people like you and me! I need to be quiet if Papi is sleeping, right?
Grandma

12:29 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

way to go, Micaiah! ~aunt jo

3:34 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Good job, Micaiah! I'm proud of you for posting--2 books--and Aunt Donna hasn't even done one! Bravo!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home